27.09.2018 SusChem Networking Event on October 15th
19.12.2016 PRESS RELEASE SusChem Greece attracts dozens to its Kickoff Event
28.11.2016 NEW Kickoff event agenda announced – Venue: NJV Athens Plaza Hotel
12.10.2016 New Kick-off Event date: Friday 16th December 2016
12.10.2016 PRESS RELEASE Inaugural SusChem Greece Board Meeting
12.10.2016 ΔΕΛΤΙΟ ΤΥΠΟΥ Εναρκτήρια Συνεδρίαση Συμβουλίου SusChem Greece
Information on SusChem and SusChem Greece
- SusChem is the European Technology Platform for Sustainable Chemistry. It is a forum that brings together industry, academia, governmental policy groups and the wider society.
- SusChem’s mission is to initiate and inspire European chemical and biochemical innovation to respond effectively to society’s challenges by providing sustainable solutions.
- SusChem’s vision is for a competitive and innovative Europe where sustainable chemistry and biotechnology together provide solutions for future generations.
- SusChem’s priority areas, led by industries, include Resource and Energy Efficiency, Water, Raw Materials, Smart Cities, Enabling Technologies and Education.
The mission of SusChem Greece is to:
- Bring together the national stakeholders and strong industrial participation by being a representative sample of the country.
- Develop a national strategy for Sustainable Chemistry and bring this forward at the European level as an input to contribute to the development of the European SusChem strategy.
- Be the link to the National Contact Points and/or Programme Committee Representatives on behalf of SusChem for those topics relevant for the Platforms.
- To define national Research and Innovation priorities alongside the relevant priorities selected by SusChem ETP. Upon the selection of a common ground within the priorities, some other topics may be included by SusChem Greece based on national / stakeholders’ interests.
- Provide information and advice to its members, particularly on funding; encourage cooperative projects and consortia (brokerage events, dissemination activities).
- Actively support and encourage SMEs to participate in EU projects.
- Be responsible for exchanging information within the SusChem network, other Member States and the EU Commission and any other organisation that may be of interest to the SusChem activities.
- Propose a logotype in accordance with SusChem rules.
- Create and run a dedicated NTP website.
SusChem Greece has been set up by the following Founding Members:
- National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), representing academia and hosting SusChem Greece
- Hellenic Association of Chemical Industry (HACI), representing the wider chemical industry, including pharmaceuticals and bioprocesses
- The Hellenic Federation of Environmental Protection Companies (PASEPPE), representing the environmental business
- The Centre for Renewable Energy Sources (CRES), representing the biomass and bioenergy world
- The Association of Greek Chemists (AGC), representing professionals in chemistry.
- The Hellenic Association of Chemical Engineers (HACE), representing professionals in chemical engineering
- The Panhellenic Association of Bioscientists (PEV), representing the combined world of biologists, biochemists and related scientists
- The Institute of Consumers (INKA), representing consumers’ rights at large.
- The Hellenic Coatings Association, representing Coating Manufacturers in Greece.
Other SusChem National Technological Platforms can be found here.